DISCOVER TRAINDE RT ON OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
TraiNDE RT is a virtual reality software associated with a database of film results, which reproduces the inspection conditions for numerous applications (welded tubes and plates, cast specimens, X-ray and Gamma tubes, several films…) taking into account the IQI, lead letters, and X-ray flexible rulers.
This NDT educational tool, developed in Région Nouvelle Aquitaine (France), is aimed at the training centers, universities and companies with internal training and certification needs.
Unprecedented realism, from procedure to results: display the image of the shot from a database of thousands of simulated images.
Each exercise is built to include all the preparation phases: choice of IQI, and choice, positioning and orientation of the source.
Depending on the parameters, TraiNDE RT will draw the picture corresponding to the shot from a databank of several thousands of simulated
An optical density value in each point is available to ensure the appropriate darkening of the film.
Analyze the shot with integrated tools (optical density, dynamic of the image, ruler…)
OUR VIRTUAL EXERCISES
- Welds with perpendicular, offset, contact,
and panoramic techniques
- Cast parts
- Specimens in steel, aluminum, titanium, copper
- Flaws such as cracks, lack of fusion or
penetration, porosity, inclusions…
Regarding the part to be inspected, the user will be able to choose to shoot from an X-ray or a Gamma source:
- X-ray source: charts are provided to determine the intensity and / or exposure time, depending on the material and thickness of the component.
- Gamma source: the current version includes an Ir192 source. Based on a general formula of the exposure time for such isotope, the trainee will calculate the exposure time requested to ensure a correct shoot with acceptable film darkening.
For every exercise and before the shot, the user will have to prepare the component by choosing the relevant wires IQI and markers.
TraiNDE RT includes all the wires IQI from the NF EN ISO 19232-1 standard.
To visualize more videos and tutorials on TraiNDE RT, check out the TraiNDE RT playlist on EXTENDE’s YouTube channel.